Advanced LA

Advanced LA

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Welcome to Leanyland's Honors Class

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!!!
I am so excited to meet each of you and watch your learning EXPLODE in this advanced/honors class. We will work hard and play hard as we learn together. My goal is for you to know you are learning all the academic skills you will need to successfully participate in future advanced classes.

This first week we will be doing the following:

  • get to know each other
  • learn the class procedures and expectations
  • establish our reading and writing notebooks
  • be introduced to the truly awesome i-Read program
  • And, begin reading in class - I have lots of great books in my library, so I know you'll find just the book for you.
My promise to you:
    I promise that if you really work, making this class a TOP PRIORITY, you will be successful and will as powerful as a Superhero. I also promise that I will help you  EVERY STEP OF THE WAY- please ask questions if you don't understand, please ask to come in during FLEX time so you don't get behind, and please come in before/after school if you need extra help. I know together, we can make your academic dreams a reality - after all, this is "The Magical Kingdom of Learning."




You may contact me by e-mail: kathryn.leany@washk12.org