Advanced LA

Advanced LA

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Welcome Back! I want to thank all of my wonderful students for the kind (and funny) notes they left for me to find when I came back from my surgery. You are all so dear to me.
I hope all you had a wonderful Christmas holiday and are ready to get to work again.

This is going to be an easy, but important, week.

  • Students will go the library Tuesday and will be given a new resource information question on how to use an Atlas. 
  • Then, Wednesday - Friday students will complete the SAGE reading and writing interim test. This will give students a good feel for how they will be tested later this year and give them an opportunity to assess what they need to work on between now and that time. 
  • In addition, the trimester's 6th i-Read is due Friday, so please keep reading.
History Fair projects are now entering the fun stage. As students complete their outlines, understanding their topic and what information they want to include, they will begin organizing the actual projects - adding pictures, music, video clips, etc to enrich the facts they have already chosen. I am really looking forward to seeing these projects come together.




Also, I'd like to challenge students to read the i-Read equivalencies required for the 40-Club. This includes completely filling a bingo sheet + 4 additional books. Remember,  students will get a really cool T-shirt and be able to go on the 40-Club field trip later this spring. It's a great goal that will help ensure higher reading skills and a great love of reading.